Sleep and Silence

Sleep and silence, they are one in the same. But silence does not bring sleep, so who is to blame? The mind whirls on like a tornado in its elemental fury.  The line between one night and life begin to get blurry. Sleep young one, be at peace and rest. But how can I be at peace, when the fire in my heart chooses me now and puts me to the test? The silence echoes, harsh and softer still, a game of patience slowly eats at the will. Be still. Be still. When the heart matches the mind, the sweet danger-the memory of your presence entices a most vigorous thrill. Though you are a shadow in my mind, and an idea in my heart, I still wonder why I felt that certainty from the start? I laid eyes upon you. I listened to you speak. As days turned over, my soul moved to a new beat. In the most unlikely place, did I find you. In the most unlikely place, a mystery began to unwind you, and bind you-tie you, to me. Subtle it was, this heavenly meeting. Yet, as they days pass by, my certainty is not fleeting. Not a whim. No, not this. Tonight, it is your mind that I kiss. For to start there, gives chance, a power indeed. And a chance is all I need, for my power comes from within. Your power is the same, a gentle inferno that my soul slowly sinks in. With or without you, everything shall be ok. But with you, everyday will be a good day. For it is for the good times, I know it's worth living. Though things may get bad, my heart is worth giving. So don't be mad, though I misstep the line. Learning comes with error, great things come with time. So to you I bid good night, though the silence lingers on. I know soon everything will be alright, and we will walk the path, on, and on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors