A game of Chess

Different but the same.  Why we are here we will not know. What should happen of this never does, go with the flow? Whose to  blame?  Just play the game. 8 years now you've waited, studied and learned. You've made your mistakes, but secretly always for love you've yearned. You've learned patience, though it came at a price. You've learned to be selfish, yet once in awhile you're nice.  You think of others, but have not forgotten to think about yourself. You rather risk it all, than just be another item on the shelf. 8 years in the making, and only now do you see, the journey is not over, you're finally figuring out how to be me, to be you, to be true to all you hold dear. Can I tell you a secret? Can I whisper it as I hold you near? There's no such thing as perfect, that's plain to see. But when I look at you, I know you're perfect for me. You're everything I am, and everything I could be. You make me feel like an eagle, flying high and free. Some days I ask how will we ever come to this? But, everyday I know, for the world, this is a chance I wouldn't miss. So miss, take it as truth, no matter what you say, no matter if you wish to be aloof, I'll take you past the threshold, I'll test your limits and see, can you be as great as the picture in my mind, the picture of you and me? For now we will play chess, every move careful and calculated. For now at arms length, soon to bend, soon to be elated. So don't hate it, don't fight it, cause I'm something different. Embrace it, rejoice, and let your heart fly free, and know the closer we get to the end game, the more special you become to me. Check mate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors