Selfish Dreams

Darkness and bed. The familiar place where I rest my head. ACDC playing in the background, iPod on shuffle of course. After this day my body feels dead, just stiff and heavy like a block of lead. Mind is always thinking, going round and round. The power of my deepest desires is a hurricane, it's very own force.

With no remorse, I say what I wish here in the dark. Give voice to the silent whispers that scream in my head, so loud that if they had a voice by now it every word would sound hoarse. Is it you? Is this the right path? Shall I take this risk? What am I doing with my life?

It all seems disjointed.  The churning of the mind is the curse for those of us who are anointed, with dreams, the constant need to peruse them, and make them reality.  To never seem them realized is agonizing, something we must see to fruition over and over again, before we become a fatality, just some dust in the wind.

What dreams are these, you say? Why success, happiness and a loved one that is just for you, and you for them, your own island in the world, your hearts secret getaway. 

In bed, that familiar place that I go to rest my head, yet no rest for the ever weary. Soon when sleep takes me I will have you near me, and you, and you and you. Anything I want, in my dreams, can come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors