Pay Back

It was more than I remembered and it was more than I could ever forget. You're more beautiful than my memories. Your laugh was like bells ringing in the night, ominous and joyfully familiar. The conversation came with ease. Not once did I feel forced to speak that which I did not believe. Not once did I feel my attention waver. It was certainly all eyes on you. It was comfortable yet new. My nerves disappeared with your mere presence. You have given me a great gift, the blessings of the gods surely. Though I don't sleep, I feel a slight measure of peace, one which all men strive to seek. You're vivid and clear in my mind's eye. One day I will pay it all back to you.

Gabriel Janas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors