The Hearts of Men

What lies in the hearts of men? Are we all greedy and power hungry, hurting one another, or can we actually be friends? We look for the fast track to money, fame, a piece of pussy and play it all like its a game. What happened to self-consciousness and being self aware? What happened to showing another human being some love and care? I'm as guilty as you. To deny it would be untrue. But every day I try to show a bit of kindness to a stranger, with a smile, an ear that is ready to listen or just a nod as we pass by each other, two boats sailing the seas of life.  To my friends I try even harder, especially to those who have stabbed me with a knife. Though I may keep my distance I still try to let you. To not give you another chance would be a sin, but to get closer will take time. These are strange times, on the verge of my life. Struggling every day to find my way, do right, and make a bit of pay. Tomorrow will come after the dark, so I ask you what's in your heart?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors