I Am A Contradiction

I know too much and I know too little. The desires within me are tempered and yet too wild, like an ecosystem constantly shifting and changing. I am too young and inexperienced, yet too old and wise for much of anything to be a surprise, and yet I'm surprised all the same. Serene like a pool of water yet violent like an exploding volcano, my sense of peace is constantly fleeting, yet the peace I know comes from the familiar constant battle within. I spend long days working towards my future yet forgetting to live in the moment, but the moment in which I live builds the basis for my future. Stars twinkle within my eyes, and sun sets in a fiery death. The blackness encroaches on my soul, yet it still feels lighter than a feather and brighter when I let it glow. I am happy with who I am, yet sad all the same for the journey to who I want to be seems endless, a winding road I must travel alone. I have made many friends, yet lost just as much. My touch can be hotter than fire, but if turned away it can be colder than ice. I am reckless, exploring life at a whim, yet I am cautious and miss experiences I will never have again. My mind blooms with ideas like a flower in the sunlight, but it also goes dark as worries press upon it like the cold touch of a winter night. I know too much and I know too little and still I play to the tune of my own fiddle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors