The Beating of the Clock

Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
The stillness of the house accentuates the sound of the clock.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
What am I but forward momentum and food for worms? How can I be moving forward and sitting so still that my very soul burns?
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
I want to do so much with my days yet I find them wasted with trivial purists. Education is but one for I do not think for myself. My time feels wasted. My gift of life is abused. My time feels misused.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
I want to be in love again but I fear this time around, that time will desert me and that love shall never be found.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
I want to create a work of art, an ode to those passionate and free. I feel like all of society is expecting something different from me.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
I can not help but wonder when my path shall not be as rocky, then I wonder how can I ever let a few pebbles stop me?
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
To my art I pray to guide me on my way. Let me live a life of plenty as I spill black ink to my grave.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
To the woman I desire, the one who sets my soul afire, we can't fix what has been broken, the pieces on the floor have been swept away. I tell you now though we can create something better and I won't let you get in my way. I love you. I always have. I'm coming to get you. So smile and be glad.
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick...tock

Gabriel Janas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors