Insomnia


It's three a.m. ...still awake, begrudging those who sleep.


Thoughts and sounds run through my head, never given voice...no you won't hear a peep.

My brain knows no silence...it's secrets it will not keep...

Battles won...battles lost...

Lovers gained...lovers lost.

Friend or foe? I do not know...my mind is ill at ease.

My demeanour is calm, my foot taps on...the night around me creaks.


I hear a buzz...a friend in need, maybe this will calm me...please?

Wide awake...my eyes have yet to shake this eccentricity.

The more I fight it, the harder I try...the less results I see.

The dreams will come, no peace is won...not even so breifly.

The buzz goes on, the problems seem to not be just happening to me.

We talk for awhile and then I learn to see...that with these dreams...we can sleep...though not peacefully...

That's what keeps us up at night...each our own private struggle, one only we can fight.

We accept it, deny it...laugh and cry over it.

In the end it is us alone...through this we grow stronger...children we are no longer.

Time has past, memories that last...yet some we wish would fade.

Looking back through the years, amazed we are here, surviving all our doubt and our fears.

The buzzing has ended...a friend slightly mended...though I will never truly know.

For I can not feel...for her what is real, to me ...just a familiar shadow.


Here I go on, halfway to dawn, yet not a wink I have achieved.

My headache is in the red, on I go to bed, to achieve that sleep which I need.

Though I try to rest, with my heart feeling blessed, to be who I am at this time...

I know tonight it will not be...the dreamless river of calm sleep I see...the peace I so need...my churning mind in it's unsilent greed...it's only the insomnia I feed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

The Rise of Skywalker Spoiler Review/ The State of Star Wars