In the Moment

I've been going to the gym for a few months now. It's the part of my day that I look forward to the most.  I've come to realize the reason why that is my favorite time of day is because it lets me be in the moment.  When I'm in there it is just me against me.  I have full control of the outcome.  There are no worries about work,  or how bad I'm doing in school.  There is no nagging from figures of authority or concerns whether this girl likes me or how to be the best person I can be everyday. I don't even wonder how I will get my bills paid on time. There is only the next set. There is only the next repetition. There is only the next push. There is only the moment. For those few seconds of strain as my muscles rip to push for that next plateau there is peace.  For those few seconds I am free.

Gabriel Janas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors