Creativity


            I've always considered myself to be a creative individual but it has been only in the past three years that my creativity has really begun to flourish.  As a life-long fan of literature I finally decided to start writing my own stories.  At first my stories were only for self-entertainment.  Over the course of a year-and-a-half of writing I came to realize that I actually loved being the one to create the stories instead of the one reading them and searching for the next great story.  The few people that I have allowed to read my works all encouraged me to keep writing and to let more people read my creations.  This led me to create my own blog entitled 'Gabriel's Tell-A-Tale Emporium' and to use social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr to spread the word.  After another year of steady writing and growing my writer's platform I began to work on a novel series and a book of poetry.  Though I am still struggling to perfect my series of novels as my writing and story telling skills improve I managed to publish my first book of poetry in e-book format in July of this year.  The e-book is entitled 'The Initiation of Men: Poetry and Tales of Discovery.'  The book explores the subject of growing up from boyhood to manhood and deals with all the topics that young men struggle with during that transition such as love, sex, social and personal power, money, friendship, loneliness, heartbreak, and family.  The book's overarching theme helps to hopefully answer the question of what does being a man in the modern day mean to each individual.  The last three years of my life have been the most creative that I've ever been and I can't wait to see where my creativity will take me in the years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodlust: An Arrow Fanfiction: Chapter 7: Right in the Bollocks

The Soundtracks to My Life

Basketball Colors